Spring cleaning is a wonderful concept that helps ensure your home is spotless without adding a lot of work throughout the year. However, sometimes spring cleaning can be tiresome and difficult. So, here are some tips for helping you make the most out of your spring cleaning.
- Pick two days that you can dedicate the full day to cleaning within the next month or two. Pick one day for the actual cleaning and the other to reward yourself for getting the job done.
- Plan your reward day in advance so that you have something tangible to look forward to during the depths of cleaning.
- Prepare a detailed list of all of the rooms that you want to clean, then take a walkthrough of each room and make notes of what needs to be cleaned outside of the basic cleaning.
- Go over your list and figure out what extra cleaning supplies or tools you may need to get the job done.
- Set aside all of your cleaning supplies and tools beforehand, so that you are prepared when the day comes.
- Set aside containers in order to help you declutter. Whether it is a jar for found coins, or a laundry hamper for rags, rouge socks, and the like that will appear.
- While you may think that saving your spring cleaning for a rainy day is best, cleaning while the sun is shining is actually more motivating.
- Prepare for your big cleaning day by settling into some tidy habits leading up to the day.
- If you have children or pets, plan to have them occupied during your cleaning day so that you do not have to compete with them in rooms.
- Try and make the cleaning experience fun by saving some episodes of your favorite podcast, a new music album, or a great audiobook.
- Schedule the day into time slots, so you know which room you are supposed to be in and when. This will keep you on track.
- Take all items that are to be trashed or donated outside right away so that they are not set aside and forgotten about.
- The final tip is to make sure you keep a spring cleaning checklist on you throughout the day so that you can stay on top of things.
This post was written by Chad Merk. Chad is the owner of Dad and Son Hauling. Dad and Son Hauling is a family-owned and operated company that offers junk removal in St. Petersburg, FL. They do everything from full house cleanouts to simple appliance removal. Dad and Son Hauling is your one-stop shop for all your Junk removal needs.